Experience Hour Adult Classes
The Experience Hour is a time for adults of all ages to learn, grow, and connect on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am.
If you’re new to the Apostolic Church, we suggest that you start with these two classes first:
- Growth Track: Taught by Pastor Warman in room A110. In this class you will hear the church’s vision, learn how to become a member, what we believe, and how to get connected.
This class leads into the “Fresh Start “class. A new session will begin January 7, 2018.
- Fresh Start – taught by Pastor D. Dumas. Do you want a fresh start in life? Are you new to Christianity? Survey basic doctrines and principles which are integral to salvation and the Christian walk. Open discussion and friendly format enables participants to ask questions.
Beginning January 7, a new menu of classes/groups will be offered. The groups utilize a “centralized group” format, which is a mix of lecture and small group table discussions. People will discuss and apply scriptural concepts and get to know other folks better. By doing this, we hope that all who attend will become healthy Christians, discovering and fulfilling God’s purpose for their lives.
The classes / groups are offered in age bands. Here are the current groups:
- College Students and Young Adults – meets in “The hangout,” located on the 2nd floor above the dining hall. Leader: Shae Warman.
- 20 somethings – meet in the Coffee Shop. Leader: Chris Bertram
- Young families – meet in the chapel, located on the 2nd Floor. Leader: Charlene McVety
- Purpose Driven Life – mixed ages, married and single – Meets in the Prayer Room. Leader: Kevin Naughton
- AC Gold –primarily for those age 60+ or those desiring a traditional Pentecostal format. Meets in the dining hall. Leader: Pastor Gary Hunley.
The groups will be delving into the topic, “Becoming a Purpose Driven Church.” We will be leading our members through an exploration of the teachings regarding the church in the New Testament. Why does the church exist? What did Jesus have to say? What do we need to do?
For more information, stop by the information desk in the lobby where a member of the greeting team can assist you with in finding the right class and locations. They can also escort you directly to the class if you would like.
See our current class listing below
Current Adult Class line-up as of November 9, 2017
A Purpose Driven Life:
Taught by Kevin Naughton in the Prayer Room. The most basic questions everyone faces in life are “Why am I here?” “What is my purpose?” Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God’s purposes for putting us on earth. The Purpose Driven Class is a lively, discussion-oriented class that will help you answer these questions.
Taught by Pastor Warman in room A110. New to the church? Connect with the church and discover your God-given purpose. This class is perfect for new members to tAC and new Christians. This class leads into the “Fresh Start “class.
Taught by Pastor D. Dumas. Do you want a fresh start in life? Are you new to Christianity? Survey basic doctrines and principles which are integral to the Christian walk. Open discussion and friendly format enables participants to ask questions.
Taught by Pastor Hunley in the Dining Hall. Join this class for a traditional worship service and a meaningful lesson targeted for our senior members.
This new class, taught by Harold Fuentes and Chris Bertram, will be held in the Holy Grounds Coffee Shop from November 12 through December 17th. What “IF” you said yes to God’s infinite possibilities, instead of being stuck in “if only”, living lives marked by regret? The most significant “IF” in the Bible is: “If God is for us, who can be against us?” Join us as we unpack this message for our lives!